Thursday 12 September 2013

Washi Tape Christmas Card

As many of you will know one of the latest trends in paper crafting is washi tape. Stampin' Up! first introduced washi tape in their Annual Catalogue that came out in July, but have brought out more in their latest catalogue - the Autumn/Winter seasonal.

I have cased a card that I have seen in various places over the internet, but which I primarily saw on Chic' n Scratch - Angie Kennedy Juda's blog. I have done my own version turning it into a Christmas card


Recipe
Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler textured 12x12 cardstock
Stamps: Very Merry Tags
Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Tools/Accessories: Season of Style Washi Tape, Artisan Label Punch, Big Shot, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals

I have used one of the images from the versatile Very Merry Tags stamp set which comes from the new Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue.  The image I have used coordinates with the Artisan Label punch, but there are also a further 6 (yes 6!) images that coordinate with other lovely Stampin' Up! punches.

After I had stuck the washi tape to the Whisper White mat (and before I matted it onto the textured Cherry Cobbler cardstock - another new product from the seasonal), I embossed it with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder.  To get a neat effect with the stamped image I used my marker pens to colour the words on the stamp in different colours.



What do you think? If you would like to see another project using one of the stamps from Very Merry Tags please come back on Saturday when you will see something completely different!

A la prochaine! AmitiƩs!

Nicole

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails