Thursday 15 November 2012

Stampin' Up! European Convention 2012...

I can't believe that 2 weeks ago today I had just arrived in beautiful Mainz by the River Rhine to take part in my 2nd Stampin' Up! convention (although it is the 4th European convention). I had a fabulous time with my fellow demonstrators from the Pink Ladies (& Lads!) and also got to meet other amazing SU demonstrators from across Europe.

As SU demonstrators it goes without saying that we love to craft, so whenever we get together we make swaps. These can be in the form of 3-D projects or card fronts, so if we make 10 we get 10 different swaps back using all current product. We can then share these with our customers and fellow demonstrators.  Here are the swaps I did for my fellow Pinkies:


You might think there was not any SU product used for these bracelets but you'd be wrong as the oblong beads are actually made out of SU's gorgeous Floral District DSP - yes really! So how did I make these paper beads you ask? They are actually quite simple. I cut some of the sheets of DSP into long thin triangles (6" by 3/4"). Then using a cocktail stick I rolled the triangle onto itself, fixing it in place with glue (taking particular care with the tip). Each bead was then sealed using clear nail varnish. The bracelet was then made by threading the dried paper beads onto elastic thread and accenting with some beads from my stash. Hopefully you can get the idea from these photos!



Of course I had to package the bracelets up so I made these sweet little co-ordinating boxes using the Big Shot and the Candy Wrapper Bigz L die.


I made a total of 20 of the bracelets for the Pink Ladies whilst the Lads got some keyrings (unfortunately I don't have any photos of these).

Recipe
Cardstock/Paper: Floral District DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
Tools/Accessories: Candy Wrapper Bigz L die, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Pearls, Stampin Dimensionals, Clear Nail Varnish, Elastic Thread, Assortment of beads from stash

Please come back soon when I will share more about Convention and how you could join me there next year!

A la prochaine! AmitiƩs!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails