Thursday 6 September 2012

Perfectly Preserved


I had a fabulous day on Saturday when I met up with some of my fellow demonstrators at an SU training event in Reading.  As is usual at such events we all make some swaps to share ideas - after all we are crafters!  This is the swap I made using one of the new bundles from the Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue.  The bundle is called Perfectly Preserved and includes a stamp set of the same name as well as matching framelits dies in the Cannery Set.  Details can be found on page 29 of the catalogue.


Jars seem to be a big theme in crafting right now - and not just in terms of storing food!  I decided to focus on the flowers that accompany the set.


Recipe
Cardstock/Paper: SU Naturals Ivory, SU Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Black Stazon, SU Wild Wasabi, SU Pool Party, SU Marina Mist marker, SU Not Quite Navy marker
Stamps: SU Perfectly Preserved
Tools/Accessories: Big Shot, Cannery Set Framelits, Blender Pen, SU Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

To give the feel of glass, I used vellum cardstock for the jar.  I then used a blender pen and SU Pool Party ink to create a subtle effect of water in the jar.  And I couldn't resist using SU's new Dazzling Details (page 23 of the seasonal catalogue) to add some silver sparkle to the flowers - I do love a bit of bling!  The final touch was to add some linen thread around the neck of the jar.


If you would like any of the items to make this card yourself, please contact me to place your order - I will be happy to help.

A la prochaine! Amitiés!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message - it is really appreciated Nx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails